Thursday, March 10, 2011

Talkin' About Being Taken With The Takin

Researchers from the Smithsonian Institution have put together a wonderful website made up of several projects around the world meant to collect photographs of rare or elusive animals.  On the site you can choose from several animals or locations and view candid photos of animals wandering around their natural habitats. 

I explored the site a bit.  You could spend all day there.  Eventually I became obsessed with the Takin, a goat-like beast from China.  There are over 2,000 pictures of them.  I got through 200, then I fell asleep on my keyboard because it was warm.

Here are some of my favorites so far:

Hullo!  I'm a Temminck's Tagopan, I'm in North China, ya heard!

I'm a Chinese Serow :(

Word?

Wuh?

Nom, nom, nom.

Oh hullo, I'm a Takin.  I'm a goat-antelope and I'm totally awesome.

I have enjoyed the site so much the Smithsonian decided to study me in my natural environment and they have installed a camera near the couch:



Thank you to the Smithsonian Instutution.

No comments:

Post a Comment